My classic and most basic Mediterranean Roasted Vegetables recipe. Ready in about 30 minutes from start to finish. Use these roasted veggies for your weekly meal prep. They work great as a side dish, in a salad or on a sandwich and you can eat them hot or cold!! So cook up a batch or double batch and use them in various ways throughout the week.If you don’t really care all that much for the vegetables I am roasting in this recipe choose your own. Though in my opinion eggplant, zucchini, onion and red bells work the best for sandwiches and wraps. However, for side dishes and in salads you can really use just about any vegetable so choose your favorites. For more information on roasting techniques and times for various vegetables check out this post, Pan Roasted Veggies.
My favorite ways to use these Mediterranean Roasted Vegetables
Layered on bread along with mashed avocado, pesto or hummus to make a delicious sandwich
Throw into a quick soup along with some veggie broth, brown rice and some white beans. Top it off with some parmesan cheese and yum!!!
They are the perfect addition to a quick and easy pasta dish!! To reheat, simply place them on a baking sheet again and cook them in the oven until hot!!
Wrap them up in a whole wheat tortilla or stuff them into a pita along with some feta cheese, olives, avocado and a bit of oil and vinegar.
What’s your favorite way to eat these??
Mediterranean Roasted Vegetables
- 1 small eggplant
- 1 small zucchini
- 1 small red onion
- 1 small red bell pepper
- 2 cup mushrooms
- 1 T olive oil
- 1 tsp oregano
- 3 cloves garlic chopped
- Salt and freshly ground pepper to taste
- Preheat oven to 400 degrees F
- Cut the eggplant, zucchini and onion into ½ “ chunks. Slice the mushrooms in half. Clean out the seeds and ribs inside the red bell pepper and cut into ½ “ ¼” wide pieces.
- Place everything in a bowl and add the olive oil and seasonings. Toss to coat all the veggies. Spread out on a baking sheet.
- Place into oven and cook for 15-20 minutes or until vegetables are tender and slightly browned.
Did you make this recipe for Mediterranean Roasted Vegetables? Tell me all about it in the comments and please be sure to rate the recipe as well!
Here are some other posts with tips for meal prep and planning!! Check them out!!