Raspberry and chocolate were made for each other!! And these flavors combine in this quick and easy chocolate overnight oats recipe. Throw in the ingredients together in a jar, place them in the refrigerator overnight and the next day, voila…you have breakfast or a snack to take with you on the run!
Overnight oats are a constant in my meal prep routine for a quick breakfast or a breakfast I can easily pack and take with me to eat later. The flavors in this one are even perfect for an afternoon snack and will definitely give you satisfaction when you have a craving for some chocolate.
Raspberries are a special treat for me especially when they are in season during the summer. The flavor is simple delicious, a combination of sweet, acid and delicate fruity flavor. And I don’t know why but this berry pairs extremely well with chocolate and is definitely one of my favorite dessert combination.
Since fresh raspberries are either unavailable or super expensive outside their regular season, consider substituting frozen berries instead. They may not look as lovely and stunning as pictured here but they work and you still get the flavor of the berries, as the berries are often frozen when they are at the peak of their season and flavor. When using frozen berries I like to leave them a little frozen when eating them with the oats.
If you are buying fresh raspberries, they are extremely delicate. Here are some tips to make sure to handle this delicious berry.
- Be sure to check them in the package in the store to make sure they don’t already have mold growing.
- Make sure they are placed in the top part of your grocery bag so they don’t get crushed in transit.
- Eat them soon after buying them as their shelf life is short.
- If you don’t think you can eat them in time, lay them out on a pan and freeze. Once frozen you can store them in a bag.
Did you know? The raspberry grows on a plant from the rose family!! And, they also come in other colors, black, purple and golden? These facts certainly surprised me!! I think I’ve seen golden raspberries before but never black or purple. I bet they are gorgeous.
Raspberries, like other berries are a great source of vitamin C and also packed full of antioxidants.
Raspberry and Chocolate Overnight Oats
- 2/3 cup quick oats dry
- 1 1/2 cup soy or almond milk
- 2 tsp unsweetened cocoa powder
- 1 tsp honey or agave syrup
- 1 T cacao nibs
- 1 cup fresh raspberries
- Combine quick oats, almond milk, cocoa powder and honey into container(s) or jar(s). Shake well to combine.
- Allow to sit overnight or until most of the liquid is absorbed. When ready to eat, place into bowls and top with cacoa nibs and raspberries.
NOTE: This post includes Amazon affiliate links which means that if you click through and purchase, I do receive some small financial benefit at no additional cost to you.
Shop this post
Here are a few of my favorite ingredients and kitchen stuff I like to have on hand when making these chocolate overnight oats!
Did you make this recipe? Is it your new favorite? Tell me here in the comments what you think of this combination. If you liked it, please give the recipe a 5-star rating in the recipe card.
Tag @cookeatlivelove in your photos so I can see your creations!