Tired of overnight oats? Wondering what to do with leftover cooked oatmeal? The answer is to make a yogurt oatmeal parfait that can easily be taken on the go when you run out of time to eat at home. This super fast and easy breakfast takes no time to assemble especially if you already have cooked oatmeal on hand. If not, thankfully oatmeal cooks fast so it still won’t take a crazy amount of time.
All the reasons the yogurt oatmeal parfait rocks!
It’s a great way to utilize leftovers and who doesn’t like a little variation in their breakfast routine?
Perfect for meal prep since these yogurt oatmeal parfaits will last for 2-3 days at a time, depending on the freshness of your berries.
Eating oatmeal cold is the perfect solution for a hot summer morning when the thought of eating something hot just makes you break out into a sweat thinking just about it.
Yogurt oatmeal parfaits travels easily in a jar so you can toss it in your bag and go.
Even more variety when you change up your oatmeal parfait by adding flavors to your oatmeal (I’m thinking peanut butter or chocolate). And if you want even more variety, try it with other berries or fruits.
Cooked oatmeal parfait with strawberry yogurt
- 1 cup 2% plain greek yogurt
- 1 cup oatmeal cooked and chilled
- 1 cup fresh strawberries chopped
- 2 T almonds chopped
- Combine yogurt and ¾ cup strawberries in a small bowl and stir to combine.
- Place a small layer of cooked oatmeal in the bottom of the jar(s). Top with the yogurt and strawberry mixture. Repeat the entire layering process again with the remaining ingredients until you use everything up. You should get 2 or 3 layers of each.
- Sprinkle the top with the chopped almonds and remaining strawberries.
Did you enjoy this recipe? Did you stick with the recipe or change it up with flavors or other fruits? Tell me about it below in the comments. Did you enjoy eating yogurt oatmeal parfaits? If you liked this oatmeal parfait recipe, consider giving it a 5-star rating in the recipe card. Tag @cookeatlivelove in your photos so I can see your creations!