I LOVE TACOS!!! I mean seriously, I think I could eat and enjoy tacos every day of the week and never get tired of them. There is just something about the combination of the corn, the spicy flavors and eating them with my hands that just makes it so enjoyable. Today for National Taco Day, I am sharing with you my favorite vegetarian recipes. This recipe combines the flavors of black beans and mango. It tastes great and is super quick and easy to make.
Black beans and mango come together creating the perfect sweet and spicy combination in this recipe. Serve these up with my Coconut Lime Cilantro Brown Rice, a creamy side dish with brown rice cooked in coconut milk and flavored with lime and cilantro. It’s seriously a great combination.
However, even though it looks like a seriously long list of ingredients, but the meal actually goes together rather quickly. The tacos are ready in about 30 minutes, making this perfect for a busy weeknight.
In all honesty, the rice cooks pretty quickly as well, But, if time is a factor, simply meal prep the rice ahead of time saving you some time during the week.
Some other serving ideas for this dish include…
- Make it a bowl by ditching the tortillas and serving it over quinoa or brown rice!
- Top crispy tortilla chips with the black beans and mango salsa for a plate of delicious sweet and spicy nachos!
- Serve the black beans and mango salsa solo as a side dish!
Black Bean Mango Tacos
- 2 cups black beans cooked
- ½ yellow onion chopped
- ½ red bell pepper chopped
- 1 tsp olive oil
- 1/4 tsp chipotle chili powder
- ¾ tsp chili powder
- 1 tsp cumin
- ½ tsp oregano
- ¼ cup water
- 1 whole mango peeled and finely diced
- ½ jalapeno finely diced
- ¼ cup cilantro finely diced
- ½ cup red onion finely diced
- Juice of one lime
- ½ avocado diced into small pieces"
- 8 Tortillas
Cook Black Beans
- Heat olive oil in a pan over medium high heat. When oil is hot add onions and peppers. Cook until they are softened. Stir in beans and seasonings. Add ½ cup of water, cover, reduce heat and allow to simmer for 10 minutes. Add salt and pepper as needed to the beans.
Prep Mango Salsa
- Prep the salsa while the beans cook.
- Dice mango and avocado into small pieces and place in a medium bowl. Add red onion, jalapeno, cilantro and lime juice. Stir to combine. Add salt and pepper to taste.
Heat tortillas and serve it up!
- Wrap tortillas in foil and heat in 350 degree oven until softened. About 5 minutes.
- When everything is ready, place split up beans into tortillas and top with mango salsa.
Did you try out this recipe? If so, share your pictures on Instagram and be sure to tag @cookeatlivelove. I’d love to see your creations!!
If you have any comments on this recipe or other content you would like to see, please comment here on the blog or send me a message via any social media or the contact me page.
Interested in learning more about Intuitive Eating? Check out some recent posts on this topic…
And to learn more about this lifestyle, consider joining the community in my Facebook group, Journey to Health with Intuitive Eating! See you there! ????
Here are some other Tex-mex Faves for you to check out!